The function of the Rhodes-Milner Group, now referred to as The Rhodes Trust, is to identify and give scholarships to specially-qualified individuals to study at Oxford University. Potential scholars must demonstrate an aptitude to function as political leaders, educators, military leaders and/or skillful communicators who demonstrate the necessary skills to ultimately influence others to accept the New World Order agenda. Students are introduced to certain concepts/values to implement within their respective countries. Names of just a few of these scholars appear on the following very brief list: CFR denotes membership in the Council on Foreign Relations and TC denotes membership in the Trilateral Commission, both organizations that promote and work for a New World Order:
· Bill Clinton (CFR – TC) (The first Rhodes Scholar to be President)
· David Souter (Supreme Court Judge)
· R. James Woolsey (CFR) (ex-CIA Director 1993-1995)
· Alan Keith Henrikson (CFR) (The Fletcher Roundtable on a New World Order; Associate, Center for International Affairs, United Nations Development Programme)
· Richard Jeffrey Danzig (former Under Secretary of the Navy)
· Wesley Kanne Clark (CFR) (Supreme Allied Commander, NATO, 1997-2000; Democratic presidential candidate, 2004; West Point graduate and a big fan of Douglas MacArthur; author of The Fire This Time, a critique and exposé of the Bush administration and war crimes which possibly functions as orchestrated opposition)
· Naomi Wolf – charismatic author of several books on feminism. The feminist movement was initially a CIA-funded operation. She wrote The End of America: A Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot (2007), a book that may function as orchestrated opposition in preparation for the predictable 2008 regime change. She also wrote Give Me Liberty: A Handbook for American Revolutionaries (Simon & Schuster, 2008). She is married to a former Clinton speechwriter, David Shipley. She has appeared on numerous main stream media networks as well as several alternative radio networks.
· David Ruick Bock (spent 16 years at the World Bank)
· David Carter Hardesty Jr. (West Virginia University’s 21st president)
· Ronald Stanley Katz (CFR) (United States Department of State, Office of the Law of the Sea Negotiations; Deputy Director, 1977 – 1978 United States Justice Department)
· Stephen Alan Oxman (CFR) (Assistant Secretary of State for European and Canadian Affairs from 1993-1997)
· Dennis Cutler Blair (Joint Chiefs of Staff; U.S. Associate Director of Central Intelligence for Military Support)
· David Odell Beim (CFR) (executive vice president of the Export-Import Bank of the United States)
· Walter Becker Slocombe (CFR) (Under Secretary of Defense for Policy; was a member of the Program Analysis Office of the National Security Council staff. Senior Advisor for National Defense for the CPA, Baghdad, 2003)
· Willard Scott Thompson (CFR) (Director, U S Institute for Peace; Assistant Secretary of Defense)
· W. Bowman Cutter (CFR) (chairman of the Global Information Infrastructure Commission (GIIC) Steering Committee for the Center for Strategic & International Studies; Deputy Assistant to the President for Economic Policy under Clinton, Office of Management and Budget)
· Walter Isaacson (President of the Aspen Institute; Managing Editor of Time magazine (1995-2001); Chairman and CEO of CNN)
· Neil L. Rudenstine (CFR) (President of Harvard University; Executive Vice President of The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation; the American Philosophical Society; Committee for Economic Development)
· Robert B. Reich (American commentator and author; U.S. Secretary of Labor, 1993-1997)
· Boisfeuillet Jones, Jr. (Publisher and CEO of The Washington Post)
· Strobe Talbott (American diplomat and journalist; U.S. Deputy Secretary of State (1994-2001); President of the Brookings Institution)
· Richard N. Haass (CFR) (President of the Council on Foreign Relations; Director of the Policy Planning Staff at the U.S. Department of State, 2001-2003. From 1989-93, he was special assistant to President George Bush and senior director for Near East and South Asian affairs on the staff of the National Security Council.)
· E. J. Dionne (American journalist and Washington Post columnist)
· Paul Blustein (American author and journalist The Washington Post)
· Clark Kent Ervin (Inspector General of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security)
· William Averell Harriman (CFR) (Initiated into the Skull and Bones Society with his friend Prescott Bush; Club of Rome; Charter Member – American Academy of Diplomacy; Knights of Pythias; and Psi Upsilon Fraternity. US Ambassador to Soviet Union 1943-1946; Ambassador to Britain in 1946; Secretary of Commerce; Ambassador at Large in the Kennedy Administration; Assistant Secretary of State for Far Eastern Affairs; Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs; Chief U.S. Negotiator Paris Peace Talks on Vietnam. He established W. A. Harriman & Co. in 1922 which was changed to Harriman Brothers & Co. when his brother E. Roland joined the company in 1927. They merged with Brown Bros. & Co. in 1931 to become Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. Employees included George Herbert Walker and Prescott Bush, who were likewise employed alongside E. R. Harriman at Union Banking Corporation (UBC), a company which was temporarily closed in 1943 by the U.S. Government for Trading with the Enemy. [ii] Harriman was not a Rhodes Scholar but is included here because of his association with other elites who were.
See the complete list.
The Bilderberg Group, another very secret society, was under the chairmanship of H. R. H. Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, who served in that position for twenty-two years beginning in 1954. Creation of the group was not Bernhard’s brainchild but that of politically connected Dr Joseph H. Retinger. [iv] After decades of covert conniving, it was most likely the first formally scheduled meeting of the banking elite and other prominent individuals. The group’s purpose: coordination of American and European foreign policy towards establishing a New World Order. “At a small hotel near Arnhem in the deeply wooded uplands of eastern Holland on May 29-31, 1954, a group of eminent statesmen, financiers, and intellectuals from the principal nations of Europe and the United States met together in, perhaps, the most unusual international conference ever held until then.” [v]
The hotel was The Hotel de Bilderberg in the Dutch town of Oosterbeek from which the group takes its name. Since then, a yearly meeting, strictly secure and highly confidential, is held in various places where powerful people, who crave even more power, meet. See the lists of attendees since 1991; they include media, government, and corporate business owners. Governor Bill Clinton attended in 1991 – pre-approval of his presidency? Do a cross-check of the Bilderberg and the Rhodes Scholar list. Non-Catholic George W. Bush decided to visit the Pope in 2004 at the very same time as the Bilderbergs 50th anniversary conference in Stresa, Italy – what a coincidence! [vi] Additionally, Senator John Edwards was also there – perhaps to gain acceptance as Kerry’s running mate.
“It is a fact that in Europe, membership in the Bilderberger group guarantees political success. Not surprisingly, opposition to Bilderberger dogma results in loss of power and position.” [vii] European politicians adhere to the Bilderberg policies or suffer the consequences. Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, opposed the Bilderbergs and their target date of 1992 for consolidating the European Union along with the adoption of a standard European currency. Apparently she voiced her opposition at the annual meeting in Spain in May 1989 much to the detriment of her career. Thereafter, “Thatcher was viciously attacked by every known media source within days of the meeting. She was denounced in almost every European newspaper, television, and radio as a ‘provisionalist’ and an ‘Ultra-nationalist,’ and that was only the beginning. Within days, a parliamentary assault was initiated against her.” On November 28, 1990, she was succeeded by John Major.
The Bilderberg elite demanded that President Ronald Reagan provide $50 billion taxpayer dollars from the U.S. Treasury over the period of his eight-year presidency, to be given to third world countries through the World Bank and the IMF. Again, in the 1988 meeting, the group insisted that America implement a tax increase to further enhance the IMF and World Bank coffers. These deceptive acts constituted a redistribution of money from the American taxpayer’s pocket into the banker’s vaults. The poor rarely receive benefits. That tax increase apparently cost George H. W. Bush a second term. Perhaps his first-born son, George W. Bush, would be compensated later for his father’s political losses. It was the Bilderbergs who decided that hundreds of billions of American taxpayer dollars should fund the new democratic government in the former Soviet Union. We were also required to buy needless, over-priced, undelivered Soviet products to pump up their economy – more taxpayer dollars for covetous bankers and payola for accommodating third world Judases who also sacrificed their people. The Bilderbergers mandated the invasion of Bosnia. When the wicked rule, those who aren't slaughtered mourn.
Though select members of the media have always attended Bilderberg meetings, they are very discreet. David Rockefeller, speaking at the June 1991, Bilderberger meeting in Baden Baden, Germany said: “We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national determination practiced in past centuries.” The media does, however, spin webs of deceit and furnish fluff and appropriate propaganda to advance pre-selected political candidates. Among other, Bilderberger Bill Kristol, publisher of The Weekly Standard, edited by Fred Barnes, wrote a remarkably favorable report portraying George W. Bush as the “heavyweight” candidate in anticipation of the 2000 elections. His purported business acuity was actually the result of family and business connections and had nothing to do with his personal skills.
The Illuminati, a secret society established to counter the positive influence of the clergy, was founded and structured after the Masonic model at the University of Ingolstadt on May 1, 1776 by atheist Adam Weishaupt. The contest between good and evil embraced Manichean symbolism, a war between light and darkness, between the illumination of reason and the allegedly sordid dark ignorance of religious superstition. [viii] The Illuminati goal was a secularized, counterfeit perfection of mankind, minus Jesus Christ.
In an attempt to emulate Christianity reason postured as revelation and nature; creations, like the earth replaced the Creator. The Bible was/is the holy book for Christian enlightenment; the 36 volumes of the atheistic Diderot’s Encyclopedia provided the inspiration of the Enlightenment – all the while trying to eliminate God. This encyclopedia included imprints of Voltaire, Montesque, Rousseau, Buffon and Turgot. Significantly, the title page of Diderot’s first edition included a drawing of Lucifer, symbol of light and rebellion, standing next to the Masonic symbols of the square and the compass.
The Illuminati studied the Enlightenment philosophers to battle against the Jesuits and strengthen the Illuminati philosophy through their literature. Weishaupt stated: “Princes and Nations shall disappear from off the face of the earth! Yes, a time shall come when man shall acknowledge no other law but the great book of nature; this revelation shall be the work of Secret Societies and that is one of our grand mysteries.” [ix] The Illuminati had two to three thousand members and spread throughout Europe including Poland, Holland, England and France. Many functioned within illuminized Masonic Lodges. “Johann Gottfried von Herder (1744-1803), the German philosopher, Atheist and composer was an Illuminist. Johann Wolfgang Goethe (1749-1823), also a German philosopher, writer and privy councilor. Goethe is best known as the creator of Faust, perhaps, as speculated by many, an Illuminist allegory. [x] In 1785, the Order that was intent on restructuring the state and destroying the church was officially abolished, unless of course it merely resurfaced in America as the more sinister, more secretive Brotherhood of Death, also known as the Order of Skull and Bones.
Probably the most secretive group, the Order of Skull and Bones, also known as Chapter 322 or simply The Order, is the powerful all-male society that was established at Yale University for the elite children or grandchildren of the Wall Street Banking Establishment. George W. Bush, whose father and grandfather were also members, remarked: “My senior year, I joined Skull and Bones, a secret society, so secret I can’t say anything more.” The Order was co-founded by Alphonso Taft (Secretary of War in the Grant Administration) and William Huntington Russell and thirteen others. Skull and Bones “is a clear and obvious threat to the constitutional freedom of the United States. Its secrecy, power and use of influence are greater by far than the Masons, or any other semi-secret mutual or fraternal organization.” [xi]
The Order was incorporated as The Russell Trust in 1856 by Daniel Coit Gilman as treasurer and William H. Russell as president. For the next fourteen years Gilman consolidated the power of The Order. More about Gilman and his influence in the field of medicine will be given later.
William Russell’s cousin Samuel established Russell and Company in 1823 which was an opium empire which acquired opium in Turkey and smuggled it into China. More than one prominent American family made a fortune through drug smuggling. Warren Delano, Jr. (grandfather of Franklin Roosevelt) was Chief of Operations for Russell and Company in Canton. Other Russell business associates included John Cleve Green (financed Princeton), Abiel Low (financed construction of Columbia.), and Joseph Coolidge (his son organized United Fruit and grandson, Archibald C. Coolidge, was a co-founder of the Council on Foreign Relations.) [xii] Read about United Fruit and their monopolies in third world countries here.
The un-American chapter of a German Order was established at Yale on June 28, 1832 when Russell returned there after studying in Germany from 1831-1832 where he was exposed to Hegel’s philosophical ideas which found great popularity and ready acceptance in the German educational system. [xiii] It has been suggested that while William Huntington Russell was in Germany “he was initiated into a secret society with a skull and bones for its emblem. Some even claim that he was initiated into a continuation of the Illuminati and granted authorization to start a Yale chapter.” [xiv]
“Members are chosen in their junior year and spend only one year on campus, the senior year, with Skull & Bones. In other words, the organization is oriented to the post graduate outside world.” [xv] This society is by invitation only - just fifteen candidates each year for a total membership of about 2500. At any given time only about 600 or so members of The Order are alive. Of that number only 150 (about one-quarter) take an active role in the society. It is estimated that a core of perhaps 20-30 families run The Order. “The most likely potential member is from a Bones family, who is energetic, resourceful, political and probably an amoral team player. A man who understands that to get along you have to go along. A man who will sacrifice himself for the good of the team… In real life the thrust of The Order is to bring about certain objectives. Honors and financial rewards are guaranteed by the power of The Order.” [xvi]
Members of Skull & Bones have infiltrated “just about every significant research, policy, opinion-making organization in the United States, in addition to the church, business, law, government and politics. The evolution of American society is not, and has not been for a century, a voluntary development reflecting individual opinion, ideas and decisions at the grass roots. On the contrary, the broad direction has been created artificially and stimulated by The Order.” [xvii]
Bonesmen support one another in their quests for successful infiltration into various endeavors. A couple of Bonesmen supplied the finances to launch George Bush's business career when he founded the Arbusto Oil Company; Bush acquired the money to buy a stake in the Texas Rangers from another Bonesman; and another fraternity member paid for the million dollar billboards that boosted Bush's 2000 presidential campaign. After Bush's installation as president, he threw a lavish dinner for his fraternity brothers, probably at the taxpayer's expense. [xviii]
The Rhodes Trust
© Deanna Spingola 2006 - All rights reserved
Deanna Spingola's articles
are copyrighted but may be republished, reposted, or emailed. However, the
person or organization must not
charge for subscriptions or advertising. The article must be copied intact and
full credit given. Deanna's web site address must also be included.